Archive for February, 2020
Force Field Analysis
Based on the above analysis the forces against the idea of Medicare-For-All seem slightly stronger. Of course, the scale may shift as the 2020 presidential campaign progresses.
Underlying philosophies are force drivers:
- Market forces should set cost
- Poor health literacy invalidates a free market
- Once people have a social program they want to keep it
- Healthcare is a right
- Innovation requires high profit
- Other developed countries provide healthcare at half the cost as in the United States
- Danish style healthcare only applies to Danish people, not the diverse population in the U.S.
- Poor people in the U.S. receive poor care
- Humans prefer the devil they know rather than the devil they don’t.